Friday, March 6, 2015

Go Ahead and Enjoy My Honesty


Honestly, I think it’s time I had an honesty session.
                To start off, I very honestly don’t want to be writing this blogpost- Is that terrible? It seems to me that many are thinking it, but no one wants to actually put it into words. Well, here I am- I have been dreading writing on this blog for the entire day, cause honestly I’ve had a dreadful day. Funny how even after one of the worst weeks of Lone Peak’s life, everyone just falls right back into step. I honestly don’t want to. Again- is that terrible?
                Honestly, I’m just writing this so it’s as entertaining as possible. Honestly, I hope this is decent to annotate.
                Honestly, lately I’ve been contemplating how I can make a difference. I don’t want to be numbered amongst the crowds of robots, laughing when they’re supposed to and crying when their supposed to- at least not anymore. Maybe it’s just the fact that my knee jerk reaction has been the same superficial greeting sense the eighth grade. “Hey man, how ya doin’?”
                Maybe it’s just the fact that “Hey man, how ya doin’?” was one of the last things I said to Terik.

Honestly, I deleted and rewrote that line three times.
Honestly, I think it’s a shame that writers need to filter so much. Honestly, I wish that there was never any criticism on art.  I think that if someone gives their poetry or their musical ability to a crowd of people, who can even judge that piece of art, but the creator himself. What he’s dangled out in front of a sea of critics, is simply his emotions. Whether his poetry has every cliché ever written, or his music sticks to the basic four chords, that how he is feeling. I don’t care if it’s not the most well-rounded, grammatically correct piece ever written, it is him. Too often someone will quit playing the piano or hold back his book of rhymes simply because, “I’m no good.” Honestly, every piece of poetry or sheet music should be framed and put on display, so that others can be given a glorious moment to look through this artist’s eyes.
Honestly, it feels like I’m the only one that thinks so, because once I had a teacher who told me, “Hector, your poetry is too simple. It doesn’t have enough techniques in it.” Who said I wanted to use techniques? This is me. This my poetry.
Honestly, I could go on for pages, saying all of my thoughts and fears.
Honestly, I just wish people would stop putting masks over their faces, because I would like to see more faces. I would like to see more honesty.
               



5 comments:

  1. honestly i think this was a needed post. and i honestly liked the line "Who said I wanted to use techniques? This is me. This my poetry."
    its unique and its real. keep em comin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. "Honestly, I deleted and rewrote that line three times.
    Honestly, I think it’s a shame that writers need to filter so much" and the whole thing about how everyones back into their normal step. Seriously amen to this post. You're not the only one who feels these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this one. I liked the line where you said you deleted the line three times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was all so good. And yeah, like everyone else, the "I deleted that line 3 times" part hit me hard.

    ReplyDelete