Sunday, March 8, 2015

What Life Is


Life isn’t blank eyes or dulled senses.
Life isn’t following expectations or, “I think I’ll stay in tonight.”
Life isn’t superficial interactions, steely eyes, hoods pulled so high over my head that you won’t even catch a glimpse of my insecurities.
               
                The only part of life I’m about, are the ones where I feel alive.
                The one’s where I can feel the blood pulsing through my veins.

                Life is summer night, a barbeque in the distance, a warm breeze and enough time on our hands that we can see sun rising and setting simultaneously

                Life is the calluses on my fingertips, gliding across the strings and bouncing up and down the frets like they’re dancing.

                Life is those moments where it just feels--right.

                

5 comments:

  1. Yess. You killed this post. thank you for reminding me how good life is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Life is the calluses on my fingertips, gliding across the strings and bouncing up and down the frets like they’re dancing."
    love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. "enough time on our hands that we can see sun rising and setting simultaneously"
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoods pulled so high over my head that you won’t even catch a glimpse of my insecurities.

    this was an awesome line!! and i loved the guitar details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Life is summer night, a barbeque in the distance, a warm breeze and enough time on our hands that we can see sun rising and setting simultaneously" UHHHH.

    ps. cool pic.

    ReplyDelete