Sunday, February 22, 2015

Bricks for Breaking



They say bricks build things…                                                                    
                                                                                I guess in this case, they built me.

So, here’s a brick for my father.
A brick for the perfect man who raised me.
His steely eyes only blink if they have to.

Here’s a brick for the first girl who broke my heart.
Sometimes giving someone second chance, is like giving them second bullet.
 I just prayed that the gun would jam.

Here’s a brick for my first grade teacher.
Believing I was weak because of “sticks and stones”.
At least broken bones mend.

Here’s a brick for everyone who ever said, “suck it up”.
Screw society‘s standard of strength.
                 Taking in so much air, ended up creating a painful void.

Here’s a brick for every relationship I've ever messed up.
I’ve got more than I can count.
I didn't try to do this...

Here's a brick for my fifth grade school bully.
 A brick for my well-rounded brothers.
A brick for my profane manager.
A brick for my dead grandpa.
A brick for the judgmental eyes and the death glares.


But it's the bricks that built me. 

So here's a brick for the pain.
and a brick for the breaking.

I think i speak for us all when i say, lets just hope tomorrow has less bricks.


4 comments:

  1. this was good. "so heres a brick for the pain. and a brick for the breaking." i loved this line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think i speak for us all when i say, lets just hope tomorrow has less bricks."
    yes

    ReplyDelete